Problem with SD Card

Last Updated:

1. Campah

Campah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm pretty sure I caused this. I wasn't thinking and unplugged my Droid when I had it mounted on my Mac. After that, I get a notification that it's checking the SD card for errors, which lasts over 5 minutes or so, then the phone reboots, and only gives me the red droid eye. The only way to get out of it from that state is to do a battery pull, but unless I remove the SD card, it will just keep doing the same thing.

Any ideas, or should I just go out and buy a micro SD card reader and format the thing?

Advertisement
  2. zcast

zcast Member

Yea, i have ruined whole HDDs from that whole mount/unmount thing with my MAC. Have you tried plugging it back into the MAC even though the phone freezes? Does it show up as a drive at all? I know you technically need to enter USB mode and mount it, but i didn't know if there was a bug that would allow you to format it with the device plugged in. You can also try in Disk Utility and see if it is in there. Otherwise, I think using a card reader to do it might be your only option.

-Z

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Their ,

I would recommend trying a Hard reset , If this Doesn't work Try to format the SD {After backing up what's on it} and see if that works. If it doesn't you may have to swap the handset for a working Droid

Hard Reset

1. Power off phone
    2. Use hardware keyboard
    3. Press and hold the 'X' key and Power button until you see a screen with an exclamation point inside a triangle
    4. Press and hold the Volume Up key then press the Camera button (I had to do this twice) to get menu screen (Linux back-end becomes VERY apparent here)
    5. Using the D-pad, select one of the Wipe options (specifically Wipe Data/Factory Reset)
    6. Confirm your selection and wait for it to complete
    7. Reboot the device

Carl

4. ajmuni

ajmuni Member

Campah,

the same exact thing happend to me on my macbook pro, when I got it on friday. I TRIED everything, and the card was pretty much dead. I went into verizon today, and they gladly gave me a new card. The manager told he had been hearing about this, so it's a known issue I suppose.

5. Campah

Campah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I might have just been lucky, but I went and bought a 2 GB microSD card just for the adapter, then I was able to plug my Droid's microSD into my Win7 netbook and let windows repair the disk. After that was done, the Droid didn't have any more issues.