Problem with sending SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. macca81

macca81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since getting the phone a month ago, it has downright refused to send an SMS to one of my contacts. it is someone that i could send txts to with my old phone, and i can call and receive calls and txts from them on this one, but it simply refuses to send a txt!
    each time it gives me an error message saying 'unable to send after multiple attempts', and retrying just keeps giving me the same error.

getting help from my network provider they pulled the SIM and then put it back in and it worked! for one txt... after that it has continued to fail. they replaced the SIM and it has still failed...

is there any chance this is a problem with the phone? and if so, how do i fix it?

no other contacts have had this problem, only one...

Cheers
    Macca

Advertisement
  2. Raggy

Raggy Well-Known Member

Are they also a facebook contact if so check they got the number entered correctly on there as this often messes it up

3. macca81

yes they are, however the number is not on facebook, only email addy

4. superted187

superted187 Member

I had this problem too. Annoyingly, rather than hit reply to the message, you will need to type a new one out or press forward.

Its something to do with the phone trying to send the text to a mobile number using 4407841 etc...

(It should be dropping the "0").

You could try and update the contact to remove the "+44" in your contacts - not sure if this works.

5. macca81

typing a new one does not work. interestingly however, forwarding it does...

changing the country code to '0' does not make a diffrence. (my country code is +61, not +44 anyway, so i was a touch confused for a moment as to what you was getting at :p lol)

6. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I get the same. I got it on 2.1 and was hoping it would be fixed in 2.2. IT ISN'T. So damn annoying. I just so happens it's my partner and the person i text the most.

They also have no telephone details on their facebook.

As above, the only way round this is to forward or type a new text. As it's intermittent, i try sending the text, if it fails, just edit, cut the text, delete that message, create a new message and paste the text in. :(

7. dEX2018

dEX2018 Member

I also had a SMS problem but it was because flight mode was on ... :rolleyes: