• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with Sense ROM on Nexus S

daveshea

Lurker
Sep 6, 2011
I am totally new to rooting and installing ROMS, and I need help!

I purchased a Sprint Nexus S tonight, and started using it. Frustrated with the absense of the HTC Sense software, which I had been so used to, I learned how to root my phone and installed a ROM I found posted on another website that indicated it would install a port of the HTC Sense software to this new phone.

Sure enough, it did. However, everything works but the phone!

The home screen simply indicates there is no cell signal. I can't find anywhere that I would enter this or correct this.

If I can't figure that out, I need to restore the phone back to factory state. Problem is, when I attempt to tether the phone via USB to the computer, the phone isn't recognized! I can't access the storage on the phone in order to put a different ROM on the unit to flash to!

Please help! I need to get this phone back to usable condition ASAP!

-David

I was able to figure it out...Apparently the ROM in question doesn't work correctly with CDMA phones. I was able to regain access to transfer files via USB with the bootloader on the phone, and then found a factory recovery image to reflash the phone back to complete stock condition, including the root.

Back to stock, and back to the store to return. Switched to an Evo 3d. Much happier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones