Problem with shortcuts?Support

1. mixxu

mixxu Member

I just upgraded my Sonic U8650 from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5 and now I don't have anything in the drop-down notification menu (there should be BT, WIFI, mobile internet, GPS and auto-rotate), it only shows my carrier name.
    Is there any way to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lebo

Lebo Well-Known Member

In my communications with Huawei support the answer is no.

I think I know the cause and have an idea of the solution. I am in the learning stages of this stuff so I haven't figured it out yet. Once (or if) I have it figured out I'll post a fix.

If your an android developer I can tell you the notification widget is called "Toolbox Rewrite", it is not deleted with a restore or update but the configuration file that initializes it at boot IS deleted so however they are calling it to load and the configuration calls needed to write it back in is what is at question.
  3. mixxu

mixxu Member

Okay I found the widget and it's working normally, but is there ANY way at all I could reattach it to the drop-down menu?
  4. jamesysilber

jamesysilber Active Member

5. mixxu

mixxu Member

Right now I just put the toolbox widget on my home screen. It's a bit annoying, but it does the trick.
  6. Lebo

Lebo Well-Known Member

Thats what Huawei support told me to do. I guess it wasn't nice of me to laugh at the poor woman.