Problem with some of my sounds :(Support

Last Updated:

1. bry7230

bry7230 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have just noticed a couple days ago that some of my sounds arent working on my Droid X. Ringtones, alarms, notifications work. Audible touch tones, audible selection, keyboard typing and some other sounds in games are not working. Also, when rebooting the "drrrrrroid" sound isnt playing (not sure if that was taken out with froyo.) About a week ago these sounds were all working so i know it wasnt the update that killed them. Anyone have any ideas why these arent working? (and yes ive looked and made sure that all the checks were selected for these sounds)

thx!

Advertisement
  2. bry7230

I am noticing that many media apps don't work either. Youtube app wont play videos,vignette wont process photos,my music player doesn't work,and pandora doesn't play songs. Anyone have any ideas? I've treated this thing like a baby and now its pulling this crap

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

did you try pulling the battery and doing a reboot?

4. bry7230

Ya that is a temporary fix. The keyboard and selection sounds still don't work though. Eventually those sounds and problems i listed in the first post will happen again. Idk why this is happening

5. bry7230

Oops. Accidentally posted twice

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

probably time for a factory reset.

7. nickstanley

nickstanley Well-Known Member

I have had this problems since the update to Froyo. Did a factory reset and it still is doing it. Extremely frustrating.

8. bry7230

wow so i fixed the problem tonight and completely on accident. My phone completely ran out of batteries..let it charge for about 30 minutes and turned it back on...all my sounds are working agian. try that and let me know if its fixed

9. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

wipe your cache. see if that fixes it

10. nickstanley

Unfortunately, you will find that this does not fix it.

11. bry7230

Ya im sure it will end up messing up again. But as long as i got my audio selection sounds back for the time being im happy lol

12. nickstanley

it seems like everything is fine for me, until I listen to the music for the first time after the reboot. Shortly after is when I get the error message.

I have yet to be able to watch video or YouTube since the update

13. bry7230

Ya i have been reading elsewhere that this is happening to a lot of users. Pretty upsetting

14. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Mine keeps playing "droid" for email alert, I've changed it to a less annoying sound but since the update it only plays the droid one. I pulled the battery and it worked for a little while but then went back to droid. Now even pulling the battery won't help. I have also done a cache dump with no luck. Then I retried setting notifications using one that is still listed but I deleted from the phone hoping that it would just be silent, still no luck. I don't know what else to do. The "droid" sound was cool for the first ten minutes of owning the phone but having it go off every time I get an email is uber annoying.

I don't use keyboard sounds or soft key sounds so I don't know if they were affected. Txt notification and call ringer seems to be fine.

I don't know what else to try.