• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with storage?

TheKalle

Jan 20, 2012
I own a GarminAsus Nuvifone A50 and I dont know how much app space that I have. When I go to Settings and Storage it says 400 free app storage of 500 something. But I know that my apps arent stored there. I have an app named History Eraser that I use to clear Cache and delete market history. Theres an option that enables you to see memory and its somewhat 155. I currently havr 90 free space. Heres the problem. Even if I uninstall an app, it doesnt free any of those 150 MBs... why is that? And how can I use the app storage? I can take a snapshot if needed.

The storage settings menu should tell you the total internal space and what is available. That is app + data storage, so does that space change when you install/uninstall apps.

For the other, I'm not sure whether you are looking at internal storage or RAM, both of which are sometimes referred to as memory. More detail might help.

In the meanwhile, I've moved the thread to the device forum, where people who know it better will hopefully be able to give a better answer than I can.

P.S. I see a couple of other space threads in this forum which might be worth a read, e.g. http://androidforums.com/garminfone/325203-low-space.html

Reactions: TheKalle
Upvote 0
The storage settings menu should tell you the total internal space and what is available. That is app + data storage, so does that space change when you install/uninstall apps.

For the other, I'm not sure whether you are looking at internal storage or RAM, both of which are sometimes referred to as memory. More detail might help.

In the meanwhile, I've moved the thread to the device forum, where people who know it better will hopefully be able to give a better answer than I can.

P.S. I see a couple of other space threads in this forum which might be worth a read, e.g. http://androidforums.com/garminfone/325203-low-space.html

Thanks. The link you posted was the answer to my question. Ill make sure to research better next time. ;D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones