Problem with SU included with JagerROM

Last Updated:

1. odlay75

odlay75 Member This Topic's Starter

So I installed the JagerROM over the weekend, and today I had a problem with the SU program included not working. This sucks because now I can not back anything up or do anything that requires SU prives. The SU program just force closes when it comes up in any program that needs it. I downloaded another SU program but the old one always comes up. Is there a way to change this or uninstall the other one. I found the same one in the market but it wont install. Maybe cause its read only? Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. mrcrusha829

mrcrusha829 Active Member

Just push the version that you used when you rooted the phone with ADB..... its working for me now.

3. odlay75

I did do that, but the other one always comes up on all the applications instead of the new one I pushed. Did you experience this?

4. mb01

mb01 Banned

Try replacing the Superuser.apk AND the su file. you cant have 2 of either of these files at once. if youre pushing one to the phone, it overwrites the previous. their cant be an old one running behind a new one, unless youre pushing it incorrectly.

5. odlay75

humm I will have to mess around with it. They appear to be different programs all together. The one that came with Jager Rom has the # symbol as the icon the other one from the rooting stuff is a ninja. I will try deleting both now.

6. odlay75

Ok random tried to uninstall it via adb in SU and it said file system was read only. It then froze my phone. I pulled the battery, and guess what the first thing that came up. Superuser to allow titanium backup to run. I allowed always now I can backup not quite sure why its working now since I did multiple battery pulls before and it didnt work. Oh well it works now. Thanks everyone.