• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with swype auto complete

queazel

Lurker
Oct 9, 2010
I have only had my fascinate for a couple of days but I already love swype. However, I am having a problem with the auto complete. Whenever I input an 'a' the first option on auto complete is ' asw@armysurpluswarehouse.com' which is apparently from one of my google contacts. Since the web address has a period in it I am unable to select the entire thing at once by double tapping so that I can tell swype to take the word out of the dictionary it uses. Any suggestions on how to get it taken out?

Thanks!

I tried to go through the instructions listed above that go through the settings and language, but there were no words listed there. I finally tried using auto complete to text the web address by itself and then used select all to highlight the entire thing and removed it using the swype key. Phew! Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones