• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with text cursor in Swype

ZDroid1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2010
Why is the text cursor not there when using Swype?

If I type a paragraph and ned to change a word, I need to be able to put a cursor right where the word is so I can edit/delete/replace the word. Since it's invisible.

Is this a problem or is there a different mechanism to achieve that in Swype?

By the way, this only seems to happen when I'm posting here :) I see the caret in other text entry n boxes.

As I never post here from my phone, I'd be willing to bet its more of a problem with this website and not the phone. I use swype exclusively and have never noticed the cursor not being there. If I make a mistake and need to go back the flashing cursor usually pops up exactly where I tap to correct. When first using it I was surprised at how accurate it was. When I had my iPhone I'd constantly have to tap and hold to zoom in cause otherwise the damn thing would be horribly inaccurate.

Upvote 0
As I never post here from my phone, I'd be willing to bet its more of a problem with this website and not the phone. I use swype exclusively and have never noticed the cursor not being there. If I make a mistake and need to go back the flashing cursor usually pops up exactly where I tap to correct. When first using it I was surprised at how accurate it was. When I had my iPhone I'd constantly have to tap and hold to zoom in cause otherwise the damn thing would be horribly inaccurate.

I use Swype as well, and I've found it to work quite well. Correcting stuff when I need to, which doesn't happen very often, because it's easy to use and does a pretty good job about 95% of the time knowing what I'm trying to type, is very easy. I can generally with one click get the cursor where I need it, and if not, using the edit keys you can get by swiping between the Swype icon and the SYM is very easy. I also wanted to add that I just tried looking real quick, and I was able to see the cursor on this board when using Swype, so I'm not sure what the issue is with not being able to see it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones