• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with text messaging.

Hi Guys,

Got a T-mobile pulse with unlimited txt's and data.

When i type a txt message, as soon as i hit 4 txt,s in length a message flags us saying 'converting message to mms'. Which it promptly does. If i send the message it does indeed send it as an mms. Anything under 4 in length is sent as a txt message

I spoke to T-mobile and they said update software to fix it. Which i did. And it did not fix it.

Phoned them back and they did not have a clue.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it ?

Very frustrating not being able to send long text messages without being charged mms service rate.

Yeah , I have the same problem with my Magic except 3 sms gets sent as an MMS. Really bugs me but apparently this only happens on the stock sms app. If you text via chomp sms or Handcent I don't think this happens :)
Spoke to T-mobile tech guys today after lots of time wasted with 'help desk' and they say its a feature of certain versions of android and handset to limit amount sent as txt. Anyway.... just installed Handcent and the problem is cured. You can set unlimited length in the options.

Handcent is excellent in so many ways. Makes the stock app look sick :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones