Problem with the calendarSupport

1. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

I am new to using Android so maybe I just didn't do something right, but I have no calendar and cannot figure out how to add it. I go to the app and it shows a calendar, but when I go to add an event, it says, "No calendars You have no calendars". I have double checked and I do have my Google calendar set up on the Gmail account I associated with the phone. Anyone know what I need to do to get it loaded on the phone? Also, I would rather use my Yahoo calendar if that is a possibility. I have tried searching about these topics, but have not seen anything similar. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. UKCatFan

I solved my own problem. I added my other Gmail account that I use for newsletters and suddenly the calendar from my main account became available. Under sync settings, the calendar was not even an option until I added the other account. Strange, but at least it worked.

As for the Yahoo calendar, I am thinking it is not possible and this is probably by Google's design. If anyone knows of a way though, I would like to hear about it.
  3. UKCatFan

Wow, I am on a roll today. Don't know why these things didn't come to me yesterday. I figured out a way to sync my Yahoo calendar. I gave permission to share and modify it to my Gmail account from in Yahoo. I then used the URL to load it to Google calendar(from the website) and now it syncs to my phone.