• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with the Display? Please help ASAP!

abeyaustin

Lurker
Dec 9, 2013
Hi, I recently bought a budget tablet Simmtronics SIMM-X720 Tablet from Amazon, (amazon.in/dp/B00CRDYXHE/?/ref=as_li_tf_tl%3fie=UTF8&camp=3626&creative=24790&creativeASIN=9380349300&linkCode=as2&tag=mysm-21)
I have 10 days return policy (with 2 days remaining!) and I've found a glitch with my display,
If I make my display brightness to 100% and play a song in background and if I look closely I can see the brightness is getting dimmed when the bass section of the music comes, I've started noticing this when I opened like 4-5 apps in the background and played a song (it dimmed the light upto like 90%), Its been only like 8 days and It started showing problems.
should I return the product or is this a problem with all the budget tablets?
I don't find this issue if I make the brightness to <80%.

P.s: and if I look closely into the screen (with ash or black background) I can see moving straight lines from top to bottom horizontally in the screen) Will it be a defective screen/display?

Any help will be highly appreciated, :)

Regards,
Abey

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

I have never heard of Simmtronics: it sounds like a cheap knock-off Android tablet to me... those should be avoided at all costs.

The brightness and high bass could be drawing maximum power from the battery, and therefore the tablet has to cut something somewhere... so it cuts the display power. That can be expected.

However, if you're already getting lines on the display that aren't supposed to be there, it signals nothing but trouble down the road. I can only tell you what I would do if I woke up in your shoes with what I know right now:

I would send it back, get a refund, and buy an Android tablet from a reputable brand. The Galaxy Tab 2 or 3 or the Note 10.1 (either the 2012 or the new 2014 Edition) are great tablets. I got my Darling Bride the 2014 Note 10.1 and - while she isn't using ALL its capabilities - she's wearing it out with daily use. She loves it!

Cheap off-brand Android tablets, as you're learning, tend to cause more heartache and headache than the savings are worth. There are bargains to be found, and you can even check our own Classifieds Forum for a gently used one.

I hope this helps and good luck.

It&#8217;s great to have you here :)

Reactions: abeyaustin
Upvote 0
Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

I have never heard of Simmtronics: it sounds like a cheap knock-off Android tablet to me... those should be avoided at all costs.

The brightness and high bass could be drawing maximum power from the battery, and therefore the tablet has to cut something somewhere... so it cuts the display power. That can be expected.

However, if you're already getting lines on the display that aren't supposed to be there, it signals nothing but trouble down the road. I can only tell you what I would do if I woke up in your shoes with what I know right now:

I would send it back, get a refund, and buy an Android tablet from a reputable brand. The Galaxy Tab 2 or 3 or the Note 10.1 (either the 2012 or the new 2014 Edition) are great tablets. I got my Darling Bride the 2014 Note 10.1 and - while she isn't using ALL its capabilities - she's wearing it out with daily use. She loves it!

Cheap off-brand Android tablets, as you're learning, tend to cause more heartache and headache than the savings are worth. There are bargains to be found, and you can even check our own Classifieds Forum for a gently used one.

I hope this helps and good luck.

It&#8217;s great to have you here :)
Hi Chief, thanks a lot for the reply :), Simmtronics is a very local brand, and I mainly bought this tablet for my sister to watch movies and for some other low-end uses.
I also just found that the tab doesn't have the brightness issue when I plug-in it to the charger. It only have a 2800Mhz battery. It happens sometimes when I open a PDF file too! I set the brightness to around 80% so everything "looks" normal now!

I bought this tab for only $48! So I expected something odd before! I've a Galaxy Tab 2 with me already. The battery life can't even be compared with my tab. And HD video's doesn't feel so "HD" on this tab too.

Do you think these lines on the display should be given priority? I didn't had any other problem compared to the price and specs yet. And I never saw those lines on any other tablets / mobiles before.
Can you guess what will happen in the future, if those lines on that tab doesn't get fixed?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Regards,
Abey :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones