• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with the Galaxy S3 front camera

isberika

Lurker
Jul 22, 2014
Hi, I'm a new member here. It's good to see that there is a forum that can help me with the problem I have with my galaxy S3.
I tried taking some photos with the front camera in the phone, and at first, it worked pretty well. The camera quality was good, just like the non-front camera.
But I realized later that it turns out to be okay at first but when I click "save" and check out the photo, the photo has become blurry and the color tone of the picture has turned a bit pink. It looks like a picture taken with a really crappy camera.
I don't know why this is happening. Can somebody help?
Thanks!

p.s. The jpg files that I have attached shows the difference between the picture taken with my phone's front camera and the "normal picture" (how the picture taken with the front camera should turn out to be.. I took this with my non-front camera).

Attachments

• Normal picture.jpg
    Normal picture.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture taken with front camera.jpg
    Picture taken with front camera.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 84
off hand it could be because the front camera is 1.9 megapixels and the rear camera is 8.0 megapixels

If it was the problem with the megapixels, then the picture would look blurry, even on the display. It looks fine at the display. I tried taking a video using the front camera, and the video had no blur. It was sharp and good. If megapixels was the problem, then the video should have had blurs and smudges too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones