• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Tinder App Samsung Galaxy S3

BobbyR

Lurker
Dec 3, 2013
[FONT=&quot]
English: Hello my friends,

a few days ago, I downloaded the Tinder-App, and it's been quite fun!
Now, however, when I try to open the app, the Tinder logo as we all know it appears (zooming in and out with white background) like it's supposed to. After that, however, the screen on which you are able to log on
should appear, but doesn't! Instead, after the logo, the screen turns all white, after that all black, and after that Tinder closes and a window appears, saying "Tinder is gestopt" (Dutch for "Tinder has stopped"), with 2 options for me to click; "Rapport" or "OK". Strange thing is, I still get notifications from Tinder, like when I have a new match or receive a new chat message. I'm even able to click that notification, after which a certain part of Tinder is actually opened (the chat), where I can talk to the person who sent me a chat message. But then when I try to go to the page where you can like/dislike persons, Tinder crashes again.
I already tried turning my phone off and on again, and do a batterypull. The only option might be to delete everything or to reinstall the app, but I think I'll then lose all my matches and chats! That would really suck.
So is there an option to fix this without deleting everything? Tinder uses facebook, and one also really has to "Inloggen via Facebook" ("Log on through/with/via Facebook").

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dutch: Hallo vrienden,

laatst heb ik de Tinder-app gedownload, en op zich al veel lol aan beleefd laatste dagen!
Nu, echter, als ik de app probeer te openen zie ik het Tinder-logo verschijnen (in- en uitzoomend, achtergrond wit scherm) zoals het hoort, waarna het inlogscherm
zou moeten komen. Dit inlogscherm verschijnt echter niet; in plaats daarvan krijg ik na het logo een volledig wit scherm in beeld, en daarna een volledig zwart beeld.
Vervolgens sluit Tinder waarbij een venster verschijnt met melding "Tinder is gestopt", en kan ik op "Rapport" klikken of "OK".
Gek genoeg blijf ik nog wel notificaties ontvangen, wanneer ik bijvoorbeeld een nieuwe match heb of een chatbericht.
Ik heb al geprobeerd het toestel uit en in te schakelen, en een batterypull te doen. Ook heb ik bij applicatiebeheer "Buffer leegmaken" gepoogd. De enige optie dat rest lijkt
"Gegevens wissen" of de app opnieuw installeren na het te verwijderen, maar dan ben ik al m'n matches en chats kwijt denk ik! En dat zou ik heel jammer vinden.
Dus is er een optie om het te fixen zonder dat alles verdwijnt? Tinder werkt via facebook, en moet ook 'Inloggen via Facebook'.[/FONT]

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones