problem with touchscreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. dpessing

dpessing Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a problem with part of my screen and I was wondering if anyone knows what the deal is. On the phone screen I can't tap on the top of my screen. It doesn't register anything at all. Also, on my notifications screen I can't tap on the clear button. It started happening sometime after I updated to froyo. Does anyone know what the deal is?

Advertisement
  2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when I drag down an app from the app menu to my home screen, I need to place the app around half an inch to the right. It's not the calibration because I can type okay. I actually searched for the screen calibration to calibrate, but did not solve the issue.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

If it's in any way possible your phone is going bad, you'll want to have a full backup. Once there - there's a _chance_ that a factory reset can fix this (if it's truly tied to something in your Froyo update and not coincidental to that).

This may be helpful - http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Sounds frustrating!

FWIW - (and you probably know, mostly this may be for newcomers) - you can long-press on an empty spot on your desktop and get a menu for addons, including apps, that will then just drop onto that spot.

5. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Yup tried that too. As long as this is the only issue, I don't think I need to return the phone nor factory reset it. Cheers!