Problem with turning off DisplaySupport

Last Updated:

1. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned This Topic's Starter

You know how when you press the power key, it's suppose to turn off the display? Well my display isn't turning off when I press the power key.

Advertisement
  2. Thai

Thai Banned

Mine used to do that when I first got it. Go to settings, about phone, update everthing. Although it will tell you that there is no update, but my power button works as it should afterwards. It doesn't make sense but it worked for me. Good luck.

Nagual and awall13 like this.
  3. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned This Topic's Starter

That didn't work, but I factory re-setted, and now it seems to be working as usual... at least for now. Mine isn't a new device, I've had for around a month now.

4. Nagual

Nagual Member

I just want to say how grateful I am for resources like this forum. I had a slew of sudden issues today, and this was one, and as stupid as the cause and fix (updating the PRL in both cases it seems) of this one is, a lot of my anxiety is now gone thanks to reading this info here and in other places. Thank you!

5. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Every time this happens to me, I just do a battery pull and it seems to work fine for awhile after.

6. Nagual

Nagual Member

I actually did think of that myself and try it, but only the PRL update really fixed it. Kinda stupid how the system can't tell you're at the latest version like the other updating features. It runs every time and causes weird things to happen.