Problem with update 2.2 for Evo 4Support

Last Updated:

1. stlman03

stlman03 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since the new software upgrade, now every time my phone is on audio and I'm on the phone a text, voice mail, or email alert rings in my ear, before it used to do it quietly in the background. Anyone else having this issue? Is there any way to revert to the older version?

Advertisement
  2. htccred

htccred New Member

Ever since 2.2, my phone crashes when I try to watch videos, i constantly have to go to network settings and re-establish 3G connection, powers off when its plugged and when you try to use it plugged up too. BATTERY dies way faster too. It also erased the name of lots of the my artists on my SD card! I hate this useless upgrade. The only thing cool about it is how it turns on! I waited for this lousy upgrade? I miss 2.1. is there anything i can do? I do not wish turn off background updating because I need emails to come through as soon as they are sent.

3. htccred

htccred New Member

You should be able to turn off those notifications in each program. Go to gmail settings turn off sound, then go to messages settings, turn off there. Then you can go to sound profiles for phone calls and turn that off too. Not sure what you mean when you say "on audio" like media volume when you are listening to music? Hope this helps.

4. stlman03

stlman03 New Member This Topic's Starter

I mean when my phone profile is set to audio I have those other interruptions while I'm on the phone, I have to pull the phone away from my ear when a text/email comes through. But if the phone is on vibrate before a phone call I don't have any issues. If I do what you suggest and go in and turn the alerts off then I have no way of knowing when I receive a new text/email. That's no good either. Does anyone else have this issue?

5. FalishaA

FalishaA New Member

Ever since I upgraded to 3.29.651.5 I cannot add widgets to any of my screens. Is anyone else having this problem?