problem with USB chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my evo plugged into my computer via USB and I never got the screen asking what I wanted to do, i.e. use as disk drive, just charge, etc. I tried unplugging and plugging back it, still nothing. Also nothing in the notification bar. I've tried 2 different plugs and same thing happens. It's not showing up on my computer either but it is charging according the the phone. Any ideas? I'm trying to copy some movies onto my phone and now I can't because I can't make is a disk drive. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

It's an issue with your PC, it's not detecting the phone for any number of reasons (bad USB drivers, bad windows configuration, using the wrong USB cable (some are charge only, the one that comes with the EVO should work though), bad USB port, etc).

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Menu-Settings-Connect to PC, check as me.

And FYI, if you did a search this has been answered many times.

4. mted558

sorry, i did try a search but it was other issues, nothing like this. I've used this computer to charge since I got the phone in June, never had any issues. Use same USB port, same cord, etc, all the time. This is the first time it's done this, not give me a choice on the Evo about just charge or use as disk drive, etc, and not showing up on the computer. It's just charging like an AC plug.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

have you tried a battery pull? or at least a restart?

6. mted558

thanks... i did a restart and it worked fine. But then in the middle of transferring my movies it just went to HTC sync and I had to restart again. Now it's been in disc drive overnight and seems to be running correctly. :confused:
    Not sure what the issue was but the restart seemed to help at least.
    thanks again

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough I have had an issue with multiple xp machines where it randomly tries to change drivers in the middle of doing stuff...rooting and or file transfers.. eventually it works but it is rather annoying