Problem with voice commandSupport

Last Updated:

1. dadunston

dadunston Member This Topic's Starter

Sup forum world,

I am having a huge problem holding down the shortcut for voice commands (the magnifying glass) and saying "send text to mother hello how are you". For some reason it puts all of the words i say into the message part of the send text pop up after it analyzes what i said.

Any help is greatly appreciated to get this to work. Am I saying this wrong or something?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Can you clarify? So you're saying "send text to mother hello how are you" and what you're getting is a text message to mother with the text "send text to mother hello how are you"?

If so, I haven't had this problem, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has.

3. dadunston

Whats happening is when I say that it doesnt put anything in the "to" part of the message it just puts all the text in the body of the message. I have to manually put in the contact that its going to even though i said "send to mother"

4. redpanda

This may be a stupid question, but is she in your contacts as "mother?" Google can only recognize "call..." and "send text to..." commands based on who you have in your contact list. Though I've found that if you only have one person in your contacts with a given first name, you don't have to say the last name.

5. dadunston

Yep shes in my contacts as mother, all contacts i have this issue no matter whos name i say.

6. redpanda

I've found it's helpful to pause slightly after the name too. Don't know what else the problem could be. As I said, I've been using it with great success.

7. dadunston

Thanks for the help. I just don't get it. I can't get the send email to work either I get the message to show up but I have to manually go back and enter the contact information in. So I guess voice commands will be a feature I'll never be able to get to work.

8. dadunston

Figured out the issue I have to say text mother then the message.. very odd lol but it works