Support problem with wifi.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MattN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. MattN

MattN Member

Jul 3, 2012
    well when i connect to my 2wire router it gives me a ip of 10.0.x.x and the internet doesnt work. but sometimes when i randomly connect it gives me a good ip and the internet works. example of good ip. 192.xxx.xxx. its really annoying and i have to wait like 2 hours for my wifi to work on my phone. help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    VIP Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    are you by chance rooted with a rom installed?
    and what version are you running?
    and what carrier

3. Gnex269

Gnex269 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    I have been having issues with my WiFi also the past couple days. My bars will be grey and I have to go to settings and try all different setting changes. I think the last thing that worked was turning off WiFi and setting the phone to only 3g then turn on WiFi then go back and put it to 3&4g. This has never happened before now and is very frustrating. I am completely stock on Verizon. I had rooted and rom'd a couple months ago but went back to stock. So please don't tell me that is the solution, as I'm more than capable of doing that as I have on this and my OG droid. Something has changed and it would be nice to know what it might be.

4. androidrules

androidrules Member

Apr 8, 2010
    South Florida
    I am also have problems connecting to wi-fi. I just updated to JB (OTA) with Verizon this morning and now my wi-fi does not connect. Also I can not see where Google Now is installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    N/W Ohio
    Not sure about your wifi issues but for Google Now just swipe up from the bottom of the screen.

6. androidrules

androidrules Member

Apr 8, 2010
    South Florida
    Thanks I see Google Now. Also rebooted phone and now wifi works! Beautiful!

Tags: