Problem with windows live on Asus eee pad transformerSupport

Last Updated:

1. AzureMoonfire

AzureMoonfire New Member

Yesterday, I downloaded one note mobile for my transformer (android tablet). Everything seemed fine, I signed into my windows live account to sync (used the one I had created already for xbox live) and played with the features a bit. Today, when I was looking at the account under settings, and my windows live account had the username "jennyhunny bright". I never gave my account a username as far as I know, and if i did it wasn't "jennyhunny bright". I did a search and found this person's profile, and I don't recognize them, based on the photo on the profile. Furthermore, don't you actually have to physically use a specific device in person to add accounts? You can't do it remotely...and I'm the only one who uses my transformer, and I didn't have anyone over last night....

I have since uninstalled one note (want to try evernote instead anyway) which removed "my" windows live account from the device, and I changed the password to my actual account. I also did a cursory check of my xbox live profile, everything (avatar, friends list, microsoft points) seems to be unchanged. Should I be worried?

Not sure if this has anything to do with the above problem, but just a few minutes ago my transformer was caught in a weird loop of starting to turn on (show the "ASUS" screen that's the first thing you see upon powerup) going black, and then starting again. This happened spontaneously while it was powered on with the screen asleep. I've had minor glitches with the thing since I bought it, but I did a scan with the "antivirus free" app just in case. It came up clean. So it's probably nothing, but it could be relevant.

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, Azure.

I'm wondering how many people have access to your device. ;)

Meanwhile, let's see what other Asus EEE users have to say about this; I've moved your question/thread to the Transformer area for you.
  3. AzureMoonfire

AzureMoonfire New Member

Thanks. I thought, since it was related to the app, one note, I'd post it in the apps section, but I guess the transformer section makes more sense.

As for people having access to my device...I don't know. Unless a stranger broke into the house while I was in the garage and added their account to (but didn't steal) my transformer while I was in the garage last night, which doesn't make any sense, I don't know what could have happened.

I suppose it's possible my little sisters are playing some kind of strange elaborate joke on me...I just don't know.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi Azure, I'm not sure on the jennyhunny issue, it's not something I've heard of before so I'll go with your assumption it must be your sisters playing a prank. If you're concerned, it's probably best to remove the account from device and add it again.

Re the bootlooping problems, it's an issue with the recent ICS update. For more info see here:
  5. AzureMoonfire

AzureMoonfire New Member

Thanks. I suppose it helps to know that it's a fairly widespread problem (the bootlooping), even if there's nothing I can actually do about it, besides wait for an update...

As for the Jennyhunny thing, they both deny it and neither of them knows my pattern to unlock my device, so it's still a mystery to me. I'm probably making a big deal over nothing though, it's probably some rare glitch that I've never heard of (or a bored hacker I guess...and if they were malicious I probaly would have noticed by now), and I changed my password and removed the acount, so I should be fine. Thanks for the info.