problem with wipe data

Last Updated:

1. greg4501

greg4501 Member This Topic's Starter

New to rooting

Wanted to wipe data/cache before i flashed a new rom..so i did it in recovery..but after i did it and rebooted, when i got to the "touch android to begin" the touch wouldnt register..what's the problem? tired it a few times and was the same. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

so....you wiped, rebooted, and now it won't do anything when you touch the screen?

3. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

May sound silly, but have you done a battery pull? After that, try this:

Starting in the top left corner touch each corner going clockwise.

Does your phone react to any of this?

4. greg4501

I wiped, rebooted and when i got to the touch android to begin...i could press it but it just wouldnt register. i could press it a million times but it wouldnt go through. so i went back into recovery and restored. but i would like to be able to wipe the data and start fresh

5. greg4501

Haven't tried that, silly or not..wouldn't hurt to try. I'll let ya know if it works.

6. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Did you touch the four corners as I advised? That will allow you to get around the setup. So after a wipe, you could still get into the device.

Not sure why you can restore and not have the issue though.

Am i reading this right?

7. greg4501

sorry, i didnt ignore your post. i did try and it did work..i now have no connection to the network..and is it normal that the theme i had is still on there even though i wiped data and cache?

8. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

The theme is built into your Rom, so yes it will stay there. Wipe data just clears everything else.

You need to manually program your phone to get data:

dial: ##7764726

spc password: 000000

User activation

Let me know if this helps.

9. greg4501

Well when i went to press the phone button..it says "application is not installed on your phone" and in the menu i have no phone icon. so i have no way of even using the phone.. something tells me this isnt normal. lol
    guess i should restore, and change the rom/theme?

10. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Yeah. You need to use nandroid and revert back.

11. greg4501

well i'm back to my rom/theme..but i'm stumped..this is my first rom and im nervous about changing and screwing things up. thats why i wanted to wipe. i've changed themes a couple times but i havent flashed a new rom over a current one yet.

12. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

No reason to be nervous. Clockwork does the hard work for you. In Rom manager, go to back-up current rom. Once that is completed, download a new rom and check it out. If you don't like it, go into rom manager and restore your back up.

13. greg4501

well i have another question..im only using the free version of rom manager for now..so i went to use recovery to apply a theme i downloaded..i unzipped it and put it in the nandroid folder on my sdcard...but with clockwork under nandroid its not there. its different than sp recovery which i used first to apply a rom. with this it seems different. is there a different way to do it with clockwork?

14. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

No need to put a theme under nandroid. Just put it on the root of your SDcard. Then go to Install Rom from SD in Rom manager. Find the file. Then you're done.

Also, the paid version just unlocks more roms from different developers. I do recommend you pick it up though.

15. greg4501

Oh yeah does it have to be unzipped? And do i have to change the name of the file? Sorry for all the questions, i REALLY appreciate you taking the time to help and answer.

16. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

no....leave it as a zip file. It should be named update.zip (but if you don't have your pc showing extensions....just name it update, it'll add the zip) and put it in the root folder of your sd card.

17. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Does what have to be re-named? The theme.zip file? Well, you need to just remember what you put it under. You're doing it from Rom manager not from boot loader, so you wont have to go hunting.

No, you do not have to unzip it. Just as long as its a standard .zip file, the phone does the work.

18. greg4501

Thanks guys i think i'm good with the basic stuff now as far as the roms go. Just tryin to learn all this stuff. I appreciate the help!