• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem with wireless tether for root users app

02stampede

Feb 3, 2010
I am able to detect and connect to my phone with my computer. The problem is I cant get on the internet with it. It acts like its crunching away when I open the browser and then I get a "limited connectivity" pop up on the computer. The phone only shows like 3kb downloaded and 30k uploaded. Any ideas or is my connection just that slow? I am using bugless 0.8.6. on the droid. Thanks in advance.

I see people having problems with the wifi tether but the other night (only time I tried it) it worked perfectly fine. I set up the name of the connection and the passcode then I went on my laptop and connected. I was getting speedtest.net results that were almost the same speed as my shitty SBC DSL wifi connection. I could go on the internet just fine. I downloaded about 50mb of data uploaded about 30mb before I decided it was awesome then shut it down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones