Problem with WirelessSupport

Last Updated:

1. SqueegeeB

SqueegeeB New Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I try and connect to wireless it never seems to work. It used to work fine then the other day it just stopped.

It would say, "Connecting" and then "Disconnected" not even "Searching for IP address" or whatever.

What's the deal? Completely irritating as I can't update any apps or anything.

Build Number: "R2BA024"

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

3. SqueegeeB

Thanks! It's just irritating because the build number doesn't seem to have any current bugs? Hmmm.

And it was working fine even after I updated it. I just hope it's resolved, and soon! Did you ever manage to fix it? Mine doesn't even work for 10 minutes or anything.

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

If I have 2= bars showing the Wi-Fi will stay connected, but once it drops to 1 or 0 the Wi-Fi usually craps out with it. I have unfortunately been coming across more and more items that are getting me to the breaking point. My 30 days is up soon and if I cannot get some of the other issues I am experiencing including this one, it may be heading back...

5. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the WiFi bug was fixed with r2ba020 and came back with the r2ba026 update, could try and back up all your information and try the repair function with seus. Might be a issue with the software.

6. SqueegeeB

So the answer is simply to wait for the next software update? It's just annoying because it was working fine a few weeks ago, and now.. nothing. I'm scared I accidentally messed up the settings.

I would seriously just turn it, on "Connect" to a network, but instead of saying "Locating IP address or anything" it would just say, "Disconnected"

I even looked at the "Useful Switches" App and under "Wireless" it would always say "Unsuccessful".

Anyone know what the optimum wireless and phone settings should be?

7. upliftpeanut

upliftpeanut New Member

yeh i had the same problem (same build no. as u) where wireless suddenly decided not to connect for some reason (this is like 3 months after i got the phone).

Never found out what caused the problem but i did a hard reset and the wireless is great now! Doesn't even cut out randomly at 10-15 min intervals anymore...

Using a x10i

8. SqueegeeB

Did you do the reset through the Settings on the phone?
    Did anything important get erased? And exactly what did get erased?