Problem with YouTube appSupport

Last Updated:

1. marcmandat

marcmandat Well-Known Member

Every time I open YouTube app it says,"an error occurred" down at the bottom of my screen. It won't let me sign in either. All I can do is watch videos and sometimes it takes forever to load. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Have you tried clearing cache for the app?
  3. marcmandat

Yes I've cleared the cache several times and I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall several times.
  4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Before uninstalling it clear cache and data then uninstall it, reboot, install app again.
  5. marcmandat

I figured it out. I was using dadcups HTC style rom and for some reason I couldn't install google play services. That is what was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and went back to tolths slim stock rom. Thanks for the help guys.
  6. michikojames

michikojames New Member

hi... try this... settings>apps>youtube...clear the data and cache...then go to youtube application. if your system ask you "which account would you like to use by g+" do not click any gmail address...just click "back" then thats it
  7. redroger11

redroger11 New Member

Hi, I'm sorry for bothering you but I truly need someones help, Youtube app on Android was running perfect but every time I update the app I get this error messege:( I can't login or watch any videos unless I get the previous version... Can you please tell me what did you do to solve the problem & by the way I also can't install google app services. Please Help!
  8. marcmandat

Which Rom are you using?
  9. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer

does the HTC style ROM include Google play at all? you might have to flash gapps after flashing the ROM.
  10. marcmandat

I'm pretty sure that all of dadcups roms already have gapps.
  11. angannchye

angannchye New Member

Just uninstall it. Open browser, type : YouTube 4.1.23
    Download it.
    This is the old version, it works for me.
    Cheers