Last Updated:

1. pilot221

pilot221 Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 16, 2010
    I have 2 problem with my phone. There is no pattern to the problems, they just happen. I believe they are related.

1. Sometimes, my phone will just turn off. No indication that it happened, I just go to use it and find out it's off. I turn it on, and it is normal. Happens with plenty of battery left.

2. The big one. My phone will bark at me for low battery and power off, even though I was just using it with either a full charge or mostly full charge. I charge it overnight and an hour later it will power off due to low battery, even though I haven't even used it yet. It mostly happens when the display is off and in my pocket. It has happened quite a bit when I'm on a call however.

Now, here's the kicker. If I don't have a charger on me, the phone is useless for the rest of the day, I power it on and it turns off after it reboots...the battery level being the reason. If I do have a charger, I plug it in. It shows that it's charging with 0% and will go up at the normal rate. 3 minutes later (it varies), the light will be green and the battery will be 'fully charged' and I can use the phone again without it being plugged in.

The battery and/or phone is lying to each other. Is it a battery issue? Phone issue? Clearly the battery is not low. I don't have another battery as I rarely go below 50% during a day. I don't want to get another one if someone here may think it's something else. As of now, I have zero confidence in the phone and carry an old iPhone 3G with me and swap out sim cards if it happens, as carrying a charger and being able to use it is not practical with my line of work.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Apr 15, 2010
    Issue 2: Sounds like a battery issue to me. I could use my phone pretty intensely and it still wouldn't be dead in an hour. I would purchase a new battery and see how that works out. Also I would run the battery down every once in a while instead of plugging it in at lets say 50% all the time. I use my phone enough that at the end of the day it needs to be charged. Thinking about it a bit more I would purchase two batteries so if it runs out while you are working then you can just switch the batteries (I keep a spare battery in my backpack, just in case it's needed). It's a lot smaller then carry around an iPhone 3GS. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
  3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Call HTC support (sticky of main N1 forum contains the thread link with the info) and tell them about your battery issue. They should be able to replace your battery with another one under warranty.
  4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I beleive the phone has a battery memory, which can be wiped like any other cache if you boot into recovery.. Before buying new batteries or anything of that sort, I would try clearing battery memory in recovery.
    Sorry I can't be more specific, I can't reboot my phone right now and I don't remember off the top of my head.
  5. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    That's right, boot in to recovery then 'clear battery stats'