Problems after 2.1 update

Last Updated:

1. erraticnormal

erraticnormal New Member This Topic's Starter

A couple of weeks ago I updated my Hero to 2.1. Since then I have had nothing but issues.
    1) There is a terrible lag in my incoming calls, as well as dialing. Sometimes the lag is so bad I a}Miss an incoming call or b} it ends up dialing the same number twice showing two calls on the current call screen.
    2) My text messages don't come in correctly, and if they do come in my inbox force closes.
    3) The alarm will continually ring and I have to remove the battery to shut it off.
    4)Tonight the phone completely locked up and needed to be restarted. When I did such, after rebooting, it told me that my Micro SD is damaged.
    5) The MP3 player, Camera, and Internet all force close.
    6) Every third or so that I try to get on the internet I have to "Update Profile" before it will let me online.
    There are other issues too, those are just the most important ones.

Can anyone help me with these issues? I emailed HTC almost a week ago, and have yet to get an answer from them. I really don't wanna have to spend time on the phone with Sprint Tech Support, just so they can talk to me as if I'm dumb.

Advertisement
  2. unl0rd

unl0rd Member

Sucks to hear you are having these issues.

I have the GSM Hero, and if I was having the same issues, I'd revert back to the 1.5 RUU then try OTA2.1 again, if it was still bad, assume hardware.

BTW, is this site really laggy with anyone else's hero, or just mine?

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I have moved this from the GSM to the Sprint Hero section, since the OP is on Sprint.

Teoreetik, if you're using a GSM phone, I can move your post to it's own thread in the GSM section.

4. Teoreetik

Teoreetik New Member

Yep. Im using GSM Hero...

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator