• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems after Kingroot

I've only rooted one LG , I've had mostly Samsung. I would have to do some looking around .I think your good on getting rid of the Kingroot stuff. If you wanted to take a update while rooted the safe thing to do would flash back to stock first then update or find a rooted version of the update to flash with a custom recovery.
Usually flashing firmware will wipe your phone so backup everything you wanted to keep to pc. What is your current Android version?

Reactions: RollinStone
Upvote 0
Jfalls if I do decide to go ahead and flash the firmware can you provide the instructions for doing so or maybe that process is already documented here somewhere. I know there is plenty I still need to read on this thread so maybe that will tell me but it seems mostly about rooting, not flashing.
I've only rooted one LG , I've had mostly Samsung. I would have to do some looking around .I think your good on getting rid of the Kingroot stuff. If you wanted to take a update while rooted the safe thing to do would flash back to stock first then update or find a rooted version of the update to flash with a custom recovery.
Usually flashing firmware will wipe your phone so backup everything you wanted to keep to pc. What is your current Android version?

I have this
LGE LGMS323 (kot49i.ms32310c) 4.4.2 Optimus L70.

I seen a video on youtube about deleting unwanted apps without being rooted. Haven't watched that yet. Since I cannot use Titanium root to backup phone, should I get the regular Titanium backup app? I don't know a thing yet about any of the backup apps or procedures either. Never have backed up this phone.

Upvote 0
When you say it will wipe everything, does that include information in there that was setup by the guy at the MetroPCS store where I bought it? That's another thing I need to do is go over all the information in there that I need for access such as I recall they put in a password of sorts somewhere consisting of yyyymmdd or mmddyyyy of my birth day I believe. I don't recall which order or even where that info is stored or for what purpose. ha ha, I was out of sorts when I bought the phone and really haven't done anything with it other than make calls and text, set up contacts. I use the web for email, not any of the email apps as it seemed to suck that way. Perhaps there is a tool that displays all this info I want/need? or do I just poke around till I find it? Yeah, I know, I need to read the manual. haha I'll get there eventually. The only 2 apps of significance I put on there is google drive and cloud player so I'd need to reinstall those? I have no pics, no video, no music on the phone. Cloud Player is working good to stream my music including Flac files. The VLC app is supposed to also play music and video on Google Drive but it's not seeing it, it does ask for alternate drive paths but I'm not sure Google Drive would go in that setting or even what the path would be if it did.

Upvote 0
Don't think it will wipe your APN settings but I would write them down. When you flash firmware it will put it back to fresh out of the box condition so you would have to set up everything again. If you backup you contacts with Google the will reinstall when you sign in. Same with apps in play store. Now if you don't remember Google password you will have to get that changed first. There is a app called Helium that a lot of non root users back up with.

Upvote 0
I haven't used the Kingroot app so unsure the ins and outs but I thought to replace the KingUser with Super SU you need to have KingUser installed, then there should be an option in SuperSU to replace?
No you can't take any official updates while rooted. If you have a custom recovery you can make a Nandroid backup and flash a new firmware or custom ROM if there is enough support for this device.
I think the device you have is Optimus L70 is it? If so I can't find it over on XDA.

Upvote 0
Yes I have the Optimus L70. After learning more about the phone I think for now I will just use Helium backup as Jfalls suggested. It works with my Google Drive and saves most stuff, I guess. The L70 does not have much internal storage and what it does have, half of it gets taken up with hardly anything but the stock apps installed. My understanding is if I want more room for apps I'd need to install them with Link2SD on a rooted device. As for music and video I can keep what I like on the cloud and use Cloud Player and VLC although having trouble so far with VLC seeing google drive.

Anyway, perhaps later or whenever I go to a newer phone I may try rooting that but I just don't want to deal with the complexities of rooting and managing the root on this device at least not at this time. If the device had a large internal storage I'd be more inclined to root it perhaps, then at least I would not need to mess with Link2sd, not that using that method is so difficult, but at the moment I don't really know beans about it so I'm just gonna start reading up on all this and for now just get the most out of the device that I can without rooting it.

One thing I am trying to do is figure out what stock apps I can remove from it and how (without it being rooted).

Another thing, are users able to drag web links from say the google browser or any browser to the phones home screen desktop (to create a shortcut) or is desktop not a valid term for phones. You know what I mean anyway. I do that a lot with windows.

Another thing, for some reason I installed YouTube on this phone (probably cause I didn't realize how little storage it had) and that takes up like 150mb of it. clicking on the youtube icon will then log me right into my account but would it not make more sense to just have a shortcut to the web address or at least one in the browser. I usually always use firefox on windows but want to get to know chrome more so am working with that on the phone and sometimes on windows. So far I'm finding it difficult to even learn how to use bookmarks in chrome on the phone. haha

It's not that I'm that stupid I am just accustomed to doing things in certain ways and those ways usually always pertain to windows.

Thanks for all your feedback guys. It it appreciated.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Never hurts to read all you can find about what you want to do before you do it. My current daily driver, Moto X Pure, came out of the box just the I like it so I don't feel the need to root and change anything. Fooling around with Fastboot and ADB freaks me out anyway.
Have you checked to see how many pre installed apps that you don't use can be disabled? Usually you can clear cash,clear data,uninstall updates then disable. Works on some like Google Play Books, Movies. Doesn't free up a lot of space but every bit helps.
Best of luck!

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone using Kingroot and unrooted it using the same app as i got to know that rooting blocks the ota updates......................
BUt it didn't fix the issue.. i m still being unable to get ota updates,it shows error in recovery mode .. PlZ help me out !!
Thanks ...
It almost Bricked my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I used Kingroot and I have THOUSANDS of problems.

Upvote 0
easy option :
root phone using kingroot apk.
install custom recovery using Rom manager or twrp apk. if your device not supported by these apk then Flash recovery manually using terminal emulator. you can get custom recovery from xda forum.

then uninstall kingroot. it will remove root completely.

then go to recovery mode and Flash super su zip (download latest flashable zip from chainfire website)

restart... done... its rooted !!!

Upvote 0
Can root slow down network speed? I just rooted with kingroot and my internet speed shot down, I'm using a galaxy core prime

Never had root affect network speed on any device I've owned. Could be your carrier having issues

@Jfalls63 is (again :)) spot-on!

"Root" doesn't do anything except help "something else" run with escalated privileges.

The su binary, the su daemon, and the SuperSU app (or whatever the Kingroot equivalents of Chainfire's root are), get "invoked" / referenced when an app requests root--they don't really do anything on their own and certainly don't use any network resources.

Upvote 0
Yeah, @flomar, there are certainly many features that come stock nowadays that obviate the need for root.

I think for a lot of folks, it's a tinkering thing and the ability to create (Nandroid) backups, install custom ROMs, run a proper firewall, run Xposed to get cool features that are only available via root. But there are trade-offs, too, of course...

:)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
So I downloaded this app 'cause I didn't want to wait 14 days login your huawei ID so that they would give you the bootloader code so I downloaded it and everything was fine until it didn't let me use the SuperSU so I mess up with the binary files ( I know; I'm a shit noob rooting) and then it didn't let me delete the application and any file of the system but it says it is rooted. I format and erase all the phone but the app it's still there, so I disabled it (for prevention) because the Avast antivirus had detected as a Virus and I installed anyway.My phone thank to god didn't become a brick but I want without kingroot so I can fell I can really control my phone(Huawei P8 Lite) Please help!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60513820&postcount=435 It happen to me like this but I mess up with the binary files without knowing anything, I'm an asshole

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones