problems after returning from holiday

Last Updated:

1. TCmccann

TCmccann Member This Topic's Starter

since returning from a holiday, my once brilliant phone has become useless. My contacts list is not recognising the names and in doing this texting and phoning is a prob. Also i am gett launch errors, my apps are strugling to work. My phone more time that not has no signal so i cant make calls or recieve them. I am having to take the battery out and in all the time. Has anyone any help advice on this

Advertisement
  2. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

you didn't switch the data and mobile radios off before you went abroad did you?

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Did you mistreat it on the holiday or on the way back? I somehow doubt that your phone is anglophobic (Assuming, of course, you live in England). Have you installed any new apps recently?

4. TCmccann

no it never left the room, was not out in the heat or anything, wont even open up the market to allow me to get a new app.

5. TCmccann

just got the message on phone saying, the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. This is one of many errors i get during the day

6. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

seems as if the phone has struggled to pick up your operator on your return. Thus a Factory reset and then pop the SIM card in & this should solve it.

7. TCmccann

was hoping to avoid the factory reset, but think it will be only thing i can do. Thanks all for your help

8. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Just try a battery pull, and recheck the APN and network settings.

9. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

Strange that it should suddenly screw itself up like that when you left it at home, had someone been maybe mucking around with it in your absence? a little brother/sister, cleaning lady or roommate?

10. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

My friends phone had this problem and I managed to fix it. I went and cleared the cashes and or Data in a number of applications and it fixed the problem only I can't remember which ones try ones like "contacts storage". so long as you are using Google contacts you can't do any harm