• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems after software update

Usually not. If you just upgraded from ICS to jb then I would recommend a factory data reset. It stinks to have to reset up your phone but all the little issues you get when upgrading should disappear.

+1. Also, go to Settings > Storage, click the Menu option in the top right corner, choose USB connection options, and make sure the MTP option is selected (if you haven't already).

Upvote 0
I did a software update on my phone and after it was done when I plug my phone into the computer. It does not recognize it. It wont charge or see it as a drive to transfer files. Has anyone had this issue and if there is a fix? Thanks.

I had the same problem with my wife's Photon Q. Although it happened when I upgraded to Windows 8. I had a Motorola driver previously installed for Win 7. When I uninstalled that driver, it worked again.

What OS do you have installed on your computer? Did you try un/reinstalling the driver (if needed)?

Upvote 0
I'm having other issues with mine since the update:
1) completely randomly; receiving text messages stops giving vibrate and sound notifications. status bar still shows notification, but no notification sound and no vibrate. a reboot solves it for a little while; sometimes a couple hours, sometimes a couple days. even if I set it to vibrate only, it still doesn't vibrate.
2) like clockwork, about 6 hours after last reboot, playing voicemails only plays them via speakerphone (default is set to earpiece). trying to change where it plays from gives a warning saying Bluetooth is connected and cannot be played via speakerphone (even though it is playing from speakerphone, and Bluetooth is disabled). reboot solves it for about 6 hours again.
3) touchscreen loses its calibration, mainly regarding swipes. this is completely random and sometimes works fine, sometime its a pita and will barely let me swipe anything left/right and/or up/down
4) text messages no longer display in proper order, whether the "assembly" option is checked or not
5) shift key does not work in certain webpages and apps when using the physical keyboard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones