• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems after updating to 2.2

Greetings,

I recently got Galaxy S from my friend, almost brand new. I used it for a few days on 2.1 and I loved how fast it was. A bit later I updated to 2.2 using Kies but then I ended up with these problems:

1. It started to lag, really moving through the menus causes hiccups and lags, loading or navigating through apps also produces the same results. Returning to the home screen can take a while.

2. Apps crash, and a lot of them do! I understand when 3rd party apps crash like facebook, but android core and core apps force quit often. I can press contacts and phone vibrates and then says it force quits.

3. My micro SD died!!! While I was moving app to sd it just stopped working. Now even my pc does not see my micro sd with adapter.

Is there any way to fix it, I tried reset to factory settings but it didnt really solve all the issues? Any help would be appreciated.

029d.png

P.S warranty is still on

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones