• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems after upgrade? Factory reset!

Is there a tutorial anywhere about doing this with Odin? Would you recommend the JB firmware or going back to ICS?

I have a AT&T version and after the JB update there were lots of bugs. I took Suroot's advice and did a factory reset and now am loving JB.

I was close to reverting back to ICS but as i said.............do what Suroot recommends :):)

Upvote 0
I have a AT&T version and after the JB update there were lots of bugs. I took Suroot's advice and did a factory reset and now am loving JB.

I was close to reverting back to ICS but as i said.............do what Suroot recommends :):)
hi,
were u having battery drain issues? after JB update. cos i just updated about 5 days ago. and its little slower that ICS and also the battery (not in standby mode but) when i am using the phone it goes down quite faster than it was in ISC. and i have the same setting and everything. can you please help me little bit here.

Upvote 0
hi,
were u having battery drain issues? after JB update. cos i just updated about 5 days ago. and its little slower that ICS and also the battery (not in standby mode but) when i am using the phone it goes down quite faster than it was in ISC. and i have the same setting and everything. can you please help me little bit here.

Yes. Factory reset!

Reactions: pinu12345
Upvote 0

I have factory reset many times now, yes it makes it slightly better than before the factory reset. But no it does not fix the issue, the phone as a whole is still quite a bit more sluggish than it was before the stupid update.

Simple things like contacts, lockscreen, messages, moving between screens etc are doable yes, but a lot slower noticably slower than before.

I repeat the factory reset has NOT fixed this.

I am leaning towards doing a JB flash with Odin as perhaps it has flashed badly on my device. But I still don't know if doing so will void my warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones