1. LyndaM

LyndaM Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having the following issues since upgrading my OS:
    • pinch to zoom often not working on Internet
    • terrible screen lag problems
    • keyboard does not appear when using the phone
    • difficulty getting phone to switch to landscape mode
    • signal not working properly
    I did the hard reset and continue to have problems. I brought my phone into the Verizon store and they mailed me a replacement phone. It has been sitting in my office for a couple days, unopened, while I work up the patience to go through the whole process again.

Are most people still having problems after switching to the replacement phone? Has anybody had good luck with the replacements?

Gonna vent here--I have a major regret with getting this phone. The keyboard Stinks and if it wasn't for Swype, I wouldn't be able to type anything. Now all these problems.....Grrrrrrrr Thanks for listening.

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

The experience with my original purchase phone wasn't too bad at all until I started to have silent call issues. Much to my surprise, my refurbished I received about two weeks ago is a little better and no silent call. There has been a mix of results from replacement phones around the forum. You may as well dig into the new one, you could be pleasantly surprised; maybe you just have a lemon of a phone. Hope that new one works out for you.

In terms of keyboard, Swype is awesome, but if you like a more traditional keyboard try the Droid-X version that was ported over a few days ago.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/109592-droid-x-keyboard-eris.html

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Keep in mind that you need to return your original phone to Verizon, or they are going to charge you full retail for the replacement. I understand not wanting to do the whole reset thing (I had to do that a few weeks ago), but it's better than paying the big bucks for the replacement.

4. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

And make sure to keep your SD card if the replacement doesn't have one, and factory reset your old phone before sending it back.

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Both good points, the replacement will NOT have an SB Card, so you'll certainly want to remove the one in your current phone. And there's no sense in having your personal data floating around Verizon...

6. dprendergast

dprendergast New Member

I'm waiting on my third eris in as many months. The first one quit ringing so they sent me a new one (refurb) My replacement died yesterday (wont boot past the three droid guys screen) Hard reset at the store did nothing, so we'll see what happens with the 3rd one. Overall I love the phone but geez. And since I cant boot the phone I cant wipe it before I send it back.