Problems charging phone?General

Have you had a problem with the micro usb port?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. dlanes

dlanes Well-Known Member

Anyone else have problems with their micro usb not charging? I picked up a used phone from someone on craigslist and everything was fine except soon as I went to charge it the phone wouldn't recognize the usb connection. Yeah cl is total scam city, but my friend needed a phone since his old phone crapped out on him. I was able to charge the battery with on of my universal chargers so I ruled out the battery and tried multiple usb cables and not much luck. It would charge if you positioned the cable in a very specific way, but that even stopped working. It is still covered under warranty, but I'm afraid Samsung will blame it on the consumer. The phone itself barely has a scratch on it, just the charge port is crap.

Advertisement
    :
  2. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

Yeah, if I bump mine wrong it will disconnect the micro usb from charging while the cable itself is still fully plugged in.
    Unrelated, but this is also happening on my Samsung flat panel TV. One of the HDMI connectors also needs to be connect just so for it to work.

Dave
  3. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Well-Known Member

I know this is late but I use my old Blackberry charger for my Charge. I keep the samsung charger in my purse for use when I use the hotspot ( you really need to stay plugged in for the hotspot as it sucks juice badly). I hope this helps as I know that not every micro usb is going to work on different phones.
  4. dlanes

dlanes Well-Known Member

I thought I would post an update. I sent it in for warranty and Samsung replaced the micro usb port. It took exactly 2 weeks from when it was sent until I got it back.