Problems!! Connect 2 A Open Network!!!

Last Updated:

1. AudioFiend

AudioFiend New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Peeps

Ok I cant connect to any open networks via WiFi, I have set up fine on my home network..Im i missing something. Also i couldnt get this to work with the stock orange 1.5, but didnt really explore why either. As i was ok with home use. I am travelling away from home more now and would like to connect to a open network. I have asked if i need a passwork and username but still no joy.. Is it a safety measure from orange i need to unable???

Thanks

my phone HTC HERO
    2.1 Villian 12...

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

All you should have to do for an open AP is tap the desired name under wifi connections to connect..... are you seeing any error msgs at all?

3. AudioFiend

AudioFiend New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the lighting fast reply..
    I have tried with an app wifi finder and with build in network finder and like you say i tap the name of the open network and from memory have no error message!! i will make a note of what happens the next time i try...Sorry i have no more info as of now of what happens..i think i just get a hung white screen,but cant be sure..

4. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Does your AP have an access list? A list of MAC addresses that can connect to the network?

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You should see "Connecting to...." under the network name then, if connection is made, "Obtaining IP address....".