Problems Downloading Apps to EvoSupport

Last Updated:

1. btgglynn

btgglynn New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Evo on Sprint today. Everything works fine but cannot download any apps. I have spent several hours today going through various message boards. I have rebooted the phone several times. I updated the profile and PRL. I have turned on the wi-fi and turned off the wi-fi. I downloaded the HTC sync to my laptop and tried connectig through there (really just reaching for straws at this point).

I even found this procedure and did this as well "1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. 2. Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button. 3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER. 4. When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP Regards"

Any help, suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Are you talking about downloading apps from the Market? If so, you need 2 things: a data connection and a Google account. Do you have both of those? Did you sign into your google account during the phone's initial setup?

3. btgglynn

I did sign into my Google account for the app from the store. But I cannot download the free ebay or amazon app from their respective websites.

4. btgglynn

Also, I assume I have the data connection as I get internet and am paying the $10 data premium on my account.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

That could be your problem. You need to use the Market on your phone to get apps. Go to the market, type in ebay, then hit install.

6. btgglynn

Sorry if I was unclear and appreciate your reply, but that is exactly what I did.

Right now if I go on my phone Apps --> Market --> Downloads --> it lists all my downloads I have requested (i.e. Amazon, Ebay, Yelp, SlingPlayer, etc.). If I click on any of them it asks if I want to install. Once I click install the phone indicates the access that particular download has access to (i.e. storage, system tools, etc.). Then I click OK I receive a message saying "Your Item Will Be Downloaded" and takes me back to the list of downloads. If I click the app I just requested to be downloaded it says "starting download..." with a status bar but nothing ever downloads.

Sorry for so much detail, but figure more is better than less.

Thanks

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Sounds like you dont have an active data connection. Are you sure you have 3g or wifi enabled?