Problems downloading web images while using stock browser?Support

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

Every time I try to download an image it will initially say complete, then it will say failed.

Often times I'll have to try repeatedly 5-6 times before the download will be successful.

Anyone else have this problem or know what causes it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Have you gave a 3rd party browser like boat, opera, firefox etc a try?
  3. Matthew83

Matthew83 Well-Known Member

I recommend this answer. I uninstalled (disabled) the stock browser and I enjoy using Chrome the best and never had trouble downloading images.

However, out of curiosity I will try the stock browser to see how it does on my phone.

Edit:
    Oh my. Yeah the stock browser does not work! I downloaded three images and I thought it was successful, however, when I tried to open the files it said download failed. Very strange.
  4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Idk what the problem is(my theory is th phone is rendering the data too fast) but what I have the same problem but when it goes from in progress to complete then failed click on it when it says complete for that mere second it should stay at complete
    Its fine when I use Chrome though
  5. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Well-Known Member

Go into browser settings/advanced and switch storage to external. It fixed the download issue for me.
    chicle likes this.
  6. dirtycar74

dirtycar74 Member

I use chrome exclusively and have this same download issue. The settings in chrome do not seem to include an option to change download location. more info/help would be much appreciated.
  7. ShlomoX

ShlomoX Member

I also have the metro browser set to download images to sd card and haven't had issues.

It may be crazy but other then chrome being able to share bookmarks between devises I find very little difference between it and the metro browser and actually prefer the metro.

Mostly simply because metro will open to a homepage which is something I like (as long as you exit out from your previous session) and haven't figured out how to do on chrome. I haven't used chromes incognito tab but thought it was a cool idea and discovered that metro browser has same ability. A plus for chrome is one touch ability to delete history, cookies, etc.
  8. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

Just click on the notification, touch the one you wanna download, and touch 'Try Again'. It should've fixed it, sometimes it takes a lot of tries but it'll work again.