• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems flashing the reovery image

D

Deleted User

Ive been trying to load amonRA's recovery for my nexus one.
Ive managed to unlock the bootloader, and gain SU permissions.

But for the life of me,I cant seem to flash the new recovery image.

Ive used better terminal, and it says that theres no flash image found. BUT I HAVE PUT IT ON THE SD CARD!!!!

Ive copied the text correctly and I cant get it to flash.

Ive also tried to downgrade the radio to get better reception, and its saying that the update isnt signed. Is there something still locked up?

Any suggestions?

This is the bit of the process I got stuck on for about 30 mins, when trying to root my Nexus for the first time......

Connect the phone to your laptop/computer using the USB as in the UnLockr instructions (which are the ones that I used). Run the command prompts from the laptop to flash the image onto the phone.

My issues were with the "fastboot-windows" command & not putting ".img" on the end of the file command.......

Persevere with it, review what you are doing with the Unlockr instructions (you have been given a link above) - you will most likely being doing something very simply incorrect :)

Upvote 0
IM finally done working on it. Ive got the 1.5.2 recovery. And am running Modaco's custom rom from the kitchen.

Thanks for the reassurance. Ill be on the lookout for someone else, that gets stuck. Ive found some pretty up front instructions.

And it WORKED!

Upvote 0
You got it but just in case someone else peeks in here on a search here is a pretty much foolproof method.... Download amon ra 1.7 and put the image in the same folder you have fastboot in. Boot your phone into fastboot mode by powering on while holding the trackball. Connect your phone via usb. Open a command window in the same folder where fastboot was and where you just put the amon ra recovery image by holding shift and right clicking inside the folder and selecting open command window here from the resulting menu. Copy paste "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img" without the quotation marks. That'll get er, its a fast flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones