Problems getting mail through ComcastSupport

1. heytango

heytango Member

I have had the T-bolt since the week they were released and have had Comcast mail set up through the default Andriod mail app. My phone is not rooted. I have never had any problems with email until the last week. All of a sudden I cannot send or receive mail. I went through my account settings and didn't change anything but when it does the "checking account settings" thing it comes up and tells me my incoming server does not support SSL encryption, even though it always has and no settings have been changed. I checked my settings in Outlook on the same account on my computer and everything is the same and having no problems getting/sending mail on the computer. Any ideas? The research i am doing seems to point toward an Android issue rather than a Comcast issue.

The only other things I can think of are that I was out of town when the problem started and I had installed one new app, Easy Battery Saver, but have since uninstalled it. Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rberry88

rberry88 Member

Comcast wants you to use their Xfinity mail app available in the market. Sucks, only way for me to get another mail app to work with comcast email is to switch to 3G/CDMA only setting.