Problems getting pc to see phone for updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Layerz

Layerz New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys I'm new to posting but been reading alot of the useful posts and comments on here!

I am trying to update to 2.1 and so far have tried LG's software and the guide on here and I am getting stuck in that neither see my phone to update it!

I am enabling debug mode, and I can get access to the phones files, so it is being recognised at the very least as a USB device. (this is where I am stuck more then anything)

When I try to use the LG updater software to install the usb software it won't find it by IMEI and SN or when I try scan the phone option.
    I have uninstalled the USB driver from the hardware manager twice but still getting the same outcome.

I haven't rooted my phone or messed with it yet so I am really stuck and have searched around but not seen how to get around this.

Really hope someone can help with this, I don't mind which route I go to updating the phone but just really want to do it.

Advertisement
  2. Layerz

Layerz New Member This Topic's Starter

Oh! Just figured out as a last ditch and re-read of some posts.

I had the mass storage turned on, the pissing LG updater software didn't work but I followed the instructions the other thread and used a UK release and it worked great.

3. fury-s12

fury-s12 Well-Known Member

its always the little things, even with the mass storage mode off i had a few issue's it took forever to check connection with phone in the end i had debug mode on for half the checking bit and then turned it off and for somereason that made it read the phone faster who knows why lol