Problems installing apps through market

Last Updated:

1. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I flashed some of the 2.2 ROMs, I have noticed that installing/updating apps from the market is hit or miss. Right now, I have two apps that are fully downloaded but aren't installing for some reason. They are showing up in the market as 100% downloaded and just stuck on that. Any ideas? I'm running adrynalyne's Sense ROM.

Advertisement
  2. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

Some apps will not install with the SD card mounted atm. I know Google Sky is one like that. Un-mount the SD card and try again.

drdoom likes this.
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Use adb.

Code (Text):
    2. adb shell
    3. pm setInstallLocation 1
    Will work till you reboot and it reverts. Looking for a place to change it permanently.

Might be useful task for tasker, if it can be done. Have it run pm setInstallLocation 1 when loading the market.

drdoom likes this.
  4. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

I've been having similar issues, though I'm also getting a lot of 'download failed' messages too. Those I can usually restart a few times and get to complete. And this is mostly on my home network, not 3G.

Barrr and Google Sky are the two I can think of off the top of my head.

5. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ironically, Google Sky installed just fine for me first try. If I restart the downloads a few times, they will usually install. But that gets pretty annoying. Hopefully adrynalyne's command will fix it.

6. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

I am having trouble installing Wireless tether, is there any other fixes? It is annoying.