• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems keeping signal

Timeless

Mar 19, 2011
long story short, before and after the flash its damn near impossible to keep signal.. if l had not messed with the setting after flashing to the latest Cyanogen mod the phone would have still had some signal showing, but after looking at the data roaming settings it seemed to cause issues.

long story short, the phone in question isnt mine, a friend purchased it secondhand from another friend.. l have no idea what network it was originally on, tho supposedly it has been unlocked to any network before l flashed it, it doesnt exactly matter if l cant do anything with it but it would be nice to know if there was anything lm missing.. or there are things l could try.

like l said with stock firmware it had trouble obtaining signal, my guess at the time was it was either locked to another network or it might have been nicked (bare in mind lm just speculating here) and the sim had been locked or something.

however the strange part is at the points l have got it to hold signal it allowed me to visit Orange's website meaning it works, however there is one weird thing l noticed, in the "about phone" settings there is a part where you can "View your own number" and it shows us as unknown (tho when l can access oranges website etc l can see the number there.. tho somehow it looks like it was on a contract...). l flashed my old ZTE racer with Cyanogen before and it picked up everything fine.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones