• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems Mirroring my Nexus 5 phone to my Android projector

xxHunterzxx

Lurker
Aug 22, 2014
Hello guys,

I am having an issue with mirroring my Nexus 5 phone with my Android powered projector that I recently purchased. Both units appear to be able to see one another via the screen share option on the Nexus phone as well as the WiFi Display application that is built in to the projector. Both units are under the same WiFi connection and they quickly recognize one another and link up but then I am unable to proceed to mirroring the projector from there. Is there a step that I missed to getting my phone to mirror onto the projector. I don't think I missed anything. I made a video to make it easier for you guys to follow what issue I am having: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQooaDHDFU. If you guys could give me tips or advice on what else to try out, please let me know! I appreciate all the help that I can get. I can easily get this phone to work with the projector via an MHL cable but I like the idea of having wireless mirroring to work to be cordless!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones