Problems mounting Legend as Disk DriveSupport

Last Updated:

1. Motherlover

Motherlover New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

My HTC legend cannot connect to any computer running either Linux or Windows (I have not checked with other OS's).

If I connect my phone to a PC and select the Disk drive mode on the phone, there is no communication between the phone and the PC. The phone charges however, and I have checked using other cables and computers.

In Windows (Vista and 7) an error message pops up when I connect the phone in Disk drive mode, saying that the drivers cannot be found or something similar. I also had problems previously with HTC sync (v3) on Windows 7, where it would not pick up that the phone was connected (it was on HTC sync mode for this).

I cracked the screen of the phone a few months ago and this was fixed by an authorised reparation centre. I do think that the phone could connect properly to PC's before the reparation, but I might be mistaken. This might also be totally unrelated, but I don't know.

Please advise as to what I can try to do to fix this problem. Apart from this the phone is almost perfect! Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. ceemills

ceemills New Member

I have a very similar issue with my legend. when I first got it-i would connect a USB cable and the pc would detect it. in the notification bar at the top of phone screen. you could select the option to mount sd card. now it does nothing but charge the phone. no response from the pc at all? I have tried it on my mac, my pc, new usb cables...nada

I read in a forum some where that it could actualy be a faulty usb connector on bottom of phone. cant remember where I have saw that? it's annoying that all help topics I'v seen only advise that the notification comes up on the phone. mine no longer does???

Heeelp... anyone?

3. zolaemil

zolaemil New Member

Exactly the same problem! Battery is charging but no notification icon and it does not mount or do anything else.

I have tried on PC and Mac as well.

Any ideas what might have caused this issue? Or is it indeed a problem with the usb socket on the phone?

Thanks

Z

4. blastoff

blastoff New Member

I have a similar problem (sort of)

I can connect to my mac using the cable that came with the phone.
    However, i just bought a htc car charger and the cable that came with it will not connect to my mac (well, it will connect and the phone will charge by the phone isn;t detected as a disk drive)

Is this just a dodgy cable?

5. J4KOP

J4KOP New Member

I have that problem as well.
    Tried several different computers and several cables. Have changed settings and restarted phone many times. With no effect.

The connection-options just don't pop up when connected to PC.
    It goes directly in charge mode, and this can't be changed.

So basically, I can't work with the Micro SD card without removing the card from the phone and put it in the PC card slot. Not good.

Kind regards,
    Jacob

6. osleep

osleep New Member

Just wondering, having the exact same problem and I would very much like to fix it.