Problems mounting phone and sd card after 2.2 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just updated to 2.2 and phone/sd card will mount to pc but then it randomly acts like it has been unplugged and plugged by in. For instance I was copying a 1gb file from the phone to the sd card and it was copying for all of 20 seconds then it was gone...then it was back and wanted to know if I wanted to copy over the existing files that had been transfered before the disconnect (or whatever...). It does this on both the sd card and the phone memory; anyone else have this problem? Have a solution?

Oh, and this is done over the same usb cable I have been using for months without the slightest problem...

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I would try going back to factory settings with 2.2 if you have not already...if not I would take it into a vzw store and getting a replacement

3. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

There have been several issues with SD cards and 2.2

First thing, back up your SD card and then reformat it.

If that doesnt work, backup everything on your phone and do a factory reset. That usually solves the problems, if not, time for a new one.

4. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a factory reset; fixed the problem. PLUS my phone runs hellafast now!!!!

5. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member

Damn it... i really hope it doesn't come to this. media files are one thing, but getting all the settings and reinstalling apps I want is going to be a PITA if this is the only fix.

Just on the off-chance -- has anybody found another fix for this?

6. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

mounting phone:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. daktron

daktron Active Member

I have had the same problem with the SD card not being recognized by the DINC since updating to 2.2. Seems like doing a factory reset is the way to go, but I agree that it sounds like a big hassle backing up everything and reloading all the apps. Ugh! I'm new to Android OS can anybody recommend the best way to back everything up?

8. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

I'm having a possibly related issue. Connecting my phone to the PC displays the internal storage drive and also the SD Card drive in My Computer, however neither are accessible ("please insert a disc into drive F:). I have my phone set to "Disk Drive" as the connection type. The USB icon in the notification bar doesn't display either. The phone is currently charging.

I did the factory reset after getting 2.2 two weeks ago, I am not going through that again. Any help for this?

9. daktron

daktron Active Member

So I could reformat my SD card, I backed it up it onto my PC. When I put it back the DINC recognized it. Strange. Hmmm, still not sure I want to go through the hassle of the factory reset.

10. Bradster

Bradster New Member

I took the battery cover off, physically removed the SD card, SIM Card and battery, then replaced them all and the phone mounted to my iMac, finally! I am considering a factory reset as battery is draining since upgrading to 2.2

11. Bradster

Bradster New Member

Did it fix your battery issue if you had one?