1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems purchasing Beautiful Widgets HELP

Last Updated:

1. ramdroid

ramdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Two nights ago I attempted to purchase Beautiful Widgets. It sat forever on authorizing purchase so I just went to bed. In the morning it show in market as purchased, went to install and "download unsuccessful". Later on that day I read my email and it says that I cancelled on my end. I click on email to update payment info and when I do that it says page does not exist or something like that. But yet go back to app market and still says purchased. I'm wanting to spend money on this app but no one will take it. I know the card I used is good because I bought SetCPU just hours before.

Someone please help with this.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

you need a card that you can use in euros. discover and amx don't work. just a thought

3. daveydog

daveydog Well-Known Member

How are beautiful widgets, do they look as good as sense? Considering the N1, but I'd want to have sense-like widgets for calendar and weather...

4. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I never had HTC Sense but I think Beautiful Widgets looks really nice. They updated it so there is a lot of different skins that you can download, I believe they are user made skins.

5. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me a couple of times during the past 2 weeks, but with different apps. I refunded each same day. Waited about a week, went back, used the same card, and everything downloaded/installed as expected. Living with computers = living with glitches. Stuff happens. Irritating, surely, but the kinks disappear as mysteriously as they materialize-- given enough time.

6. ramdroid

ramdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your responses. I also have narrowed it down to Euro currency. However be aware that I paid by Visa Debit card tied to my checking account. So its not just Amex/Discover. I am still disapointed that in the market place I click the link to update payment information and the page it takes me to is not available. There also was no option for refund, which I wasn't charged so I guess there wouldn't be.

Props to the people who make Beautiful widgets for excellent customer service.

For those interested I downloaded "Weather Widgets" and it seems to give me the same feel I was looking for for free. But still would have rather spent the $1 for Beautiful

7. HallZen

HallZen New Member

When I try for an app purchase, in Chrome, or Explorer, clicking on the price/buy button leads to a 'loading...' dialogue that never goes away.
    No purchase.
    No fun.
    Any tips?
    Cheers
    Rich