Problems rebooting into recovery

Last Updated:

1. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know theres the post out there but i cant find it anywhere and yes i have searched. ALOT. im having problems rebooting into recovery all together. ive tried installing other spr then back to clockwork and cant figure it out. i dont understand.

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Try installing an app called Quick Boot. That should boot you right into recovery.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

try 1 more time...

ROM Manager > "Flash alternate recovery" at bottom of list and that will give you SPREcovery > then just reflash clockwordmod again at "top of list" > then reboot into backup or exit ROM Manager and reboot the phone manually and hold power + x key and you should go into recovery

4. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

Is this a problem in the rom manager or somewhere else? I have had to do this repeatedly, it is hard to believe it hasn't been fixed yet. Thankfully the work around helps but I've had to repeat the boot until rom manager gets loaded.

5. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member

6. patch

patch Well-Known Member

There is a feature that restores the stock recovery from init.rc every time your reboot your phone.

The easiest way to disable is use Root Explorer and:

Rename or Delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p

I think a future version of ROM Manager will fix this problem since ROM Manager can simply do this for you when you install the custom recovery.