Problems receiving emails

Last Updated:

1. Dances With Weasels

Dances With Weasels New Member This Topic's Starter

I've set up Hotmail to be the default email account and has always seemed to work fine (although the sync doesn't always work - when read on the phone, then deleted on a computer, this is not reflected on phone, if that makes sense). However, recently have been having problems receiving emails. I've tried entering the password again; even tried deleting the account and re-setting it up. The former doesn't make any difference. The latter seems to work the first time (with every email coming up unread), but subsequently fails to refresh with new emails.

I've had a quick search on this forum but haven't found any solutions - anyone out there with the same problem, or know how to fix it?
    Help would be most appreciated, as have enjoyed using the phone otherwise.

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Have you added the POP3 details as per recent threads on hotmail?

3. Dances With Weasels

Dances With Weasels New Member This Topic's Starter

yes, all settings are correct as per recent Hotmail posts - like i said, it was working perfectly (again) until 10 days ago.

Well, a way around it is to change the number of emails viewed - it was on 30 days, changed to 200 emails, then back again. Unfortunately, this sets all emails on the phone to unread all over again, so that's a bit of a pain.

Unless there are any other suggested fixes, looks like a pain i'll have to endure every so often.

4. hamario

hamario New Member

I also get this problem :(

The only 'solution' I've found is to delete the hotmail account and then set it up again as new....

5. Milesoneill

Milesoneill Member

Yep, same problem. Everything set-up correctly, it works fine for about a week, then stops syncing (or rather, it syncs but doesn't download new emails). I have to change the download setting from number of emails (100) to number of days (All). Sometimes this works, other times I have to delete the account and re-setup.
    Either way it marks all my messages unread (not such a big problem as I try to keep my inbox to about 15 emails).
    It's happening more frequently for me now, any idea what's causing this?
    Miles.