• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems replacing Evo 3d with Assurian... more details inside..

Rush

{<>}~{<>}
Jan 31, 2011
Loganville, GA
I wasn't aware that i would not be getting back my replacement Evo 3d from Assurian. The news was a surpise to me, when i was told that my claim for a damaged Evo 3d would be replaced for a Evo 4g...wth!!! :thinking:

I was sent an Evo 4g instead of my original Evo 3d phone. I immediately called Assurian and asked them why was I sent an Evo 4g rather than the phone I originally made a claim on. I was then told that "the evo 3d was not available anymore as a replacement from Assurian," and that they had sent a device that was equal to, or in the price range of the device i originally had. I bluntly let them know that I had the Evo 4g already and i would prefer something different. I was then told that the OG Evo 4g 4g is the only replacement at this time that they are offering.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor or Manager, because I wasn't pleased with their (assurian) choice of phone for a replacement for my Evo 3d.

After a few minutes talking with a Supervisor, we had come to the agreement of giving me the Evo Design 4G. The phone is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

I really wanted back my Evo 3d, but i guess some changes aren't that bad either. :)

Just thought I'd let you guys know this.

So they are giving you the EVO LTE ?? not bad if that is the case, but if you really wanted your 3VO replace for another 3VO all you had to do was call Account Services, not customer support and they would of got you one, but I would take the LTE anyways over it, so if that is what your getting then you lucked out. ;)

Upvote 0
So they are giving you the EVO LTE ?? not bad if that is the case, but if you really wanted your 3VO replace for another 3VO all you had to do was call Account Services, not customer support and they would of got you one, but I would take the LTE anyways over it, so if that is what your getting then you lucked out. ;)

If I read post right, og evo not lte. That's a backset :/

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Nope keep reading after he spoke to a supervisor. Thus the reason why I asked if the EVO design meant a new one or if it is a new phone, LOL

I guess I answered my own question after Googling, I didn't even know Sprint had this phone lol check HERE

After a few minutes talking with a Supervisor, we had come to the agreement of giving me the Evo Design 4G. The phone is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

If I read post right, og evo not lte. That's a backset :/

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware that i would not be getting back my replacement Evo 3d from Assurian. The news was a surpise to me, when i was told that my claim for a damaged Evo 3d would be replaced for a Evo 4g...wth!!! :thinking:

I was sent an Evo 4g instead of my original Evo 3d phone. I immediately called Assurian and asked them why was I sent an Evo 4g rather than the phone I originally made a claim on. I was then told that &quot;the evo 3d was not available anymore as a replacement from Assurian,&quot; and that they had sent a device that was equal to, or in the price range of the device i originally had. I bluntly let them know that I had the Evo 4g already and i would prefer something different. I was then told that the OG Evo 4g 4g is the only replacement at this time that they are offering.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor or Manager, because I wasn't pleased with their (assurian) choice of phone for a replacement for my Evo 3d.

I really wanted back my Evo 3d, but i guess some changes aren't that bad either. :)

Just thought I'd let you guys know this.

had same issue with them. they tried to send og evo, saying exactly what they told you. I then asked what criteria they used for substitution of phone. they said features, size and ect. my response was "the 3d feature is unique to this phone, I use it all the time and thats the reason I purchased this phone." they said OK and had refurbished one in 2 days. the 3d feature make this device very unique. hope this helps

Upvote 0
had same issue with them. they tried to send og evo, saying exactly what they told you. I then asked what criteria they used for substitution of phone. they said features, size and ect. my response was "the 3d feature is unique to this phone, I use it all the time and thats the reason I purchased this phone." they said OK and had refurbished one in 2 days. the 3d feature make this device very unique. hope this helps

3D aspect is unique yes that's why I purchased my 3vo but I've honestly have only used it a handful of times, minus playing full 3D games, just burned out rather quick with taking 3D pictures and video's

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones