1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Problems restoring my Droid X. Can't access settings

1. sethgoldstein

sethgoldstein Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

I have a Droid X (version 1). It was Rooted and running the rooted Gingerbread 2.3.3. It got so bogged down that I had to restore it. I went into the bootloader to restore it with the update.zip. When it restored I couldn't access my settings area.

When I try and open settings it shows up for a quick second then returns to the home screen.

I've done a whip 3 times all with the same issue. Since I can't get to settings I can't turn on the allow non-market apps. Because of that I can't reroot my phone and ROM it to a update.zip that isn't screwed up.

So now you can see my quandry. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Please let me know. I really appreciate it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Hello. I moved your post to the "all things root" section of the DX forums.

as for your problem I think where you went wrong was trying to reapply the update.zip

that was only used at one time for people that were unrooted froyo to jump to rooted GB. You can't just reflash it after that.

So here is a link to get you started. You're probably going to have to SBF and then start fresh. Just know though that unless you did a backup recently of your apps and app data using something like TiBu your going to lose your app data.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html
  3. sethgoldstein

sethgoldstein Well-Known Member

Thanks for moving this to the right section and for your help
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

No problem man. I hope it helps.